Monday, December 01, 2008

Class Elections

During the month of October Vylett's class was learning about the election. Her teachers called me and asked if I would help with their mock election. Of course I wanted to help so I made a couple of voting booths, a red-white-and blue banner to hang in the classroom, and even a ballot bag. I printed out full color pictures of all the candidates, and was so excited to share them with her class.



Well much to my surprise... they were not voting on the presidential candidates, they were voting on books they had read in the classroom. I guess that's what I get for assuming. Oh well, we still had a great time and at least they were books about presidents! Ha Ha



While I was at the school, I saw this up in the hallway. Vylett was one of the students of the month- Yea!

2 comments:

jeff and char said...

you crack me up i love the voting boxes!!!! you are quite creative.

::lindsay said...

Oh, that cracked me up. Classic Heather.

Yea for Vylett!