Monday, March 05, 2012

Old Tuscon

Clint and I were able to get away this past weekend.  He had meetings and I got to tag along.  We stayed here. 



It was so nice.  While he was in meetings I shopped and napped and read.  It was great!  Then Friday when he finished, we went to Old Tuscon, it is basically an old stage set up.  They have filmed over 60 movies out there, including all the old John Wayne films, Gunsmoke, Little House on the Prarie and The Three Amigos!Here's a glimps of what we did:
They had live plays and shoot outs.


Clint in a horse thieves coffin.





We struck gold!
I convinced Clint to go on a trail ride through the desert.  I can't believe he did it.  It was so fun.  Here is our horses:  Miss Cuervo and Dot.  Miss Cuervo was my horse and she was naughty she wanted to stop and eat the entire ride!
I look goofy with my capri's and tennis shoes, I wasn't planning on a horse ride when I left the resort!

Did you know that a catcus has to be 75 years old before it ever grows an arm?  Some of the cactus we saw were over 200 years old!

Happy Trails.


4 comments:

Ella said...

Looks like fun. What kind of stories did the kids tell you when you came back?

Cherlyn said...

That looks like fun. Where did you guys stay...looks really nice!

Brian and Jaime said...

looks like a ton of fun. I want to go to the sun shine!!!!

Turpin's said...

Haha Clint looks funny riding a horse! Aww looks like you guys had fun though and looks like the weather was awesome.