Tuesday, April 07, 2009

My April Fool Turns 7

She went from this... to this...



I can hardly believe that 7 years ago sweet Vylett Jai was born and come into our lives. She is a one of a kind and I can hardly remember what life was like without her. She had a pretty special birthday. Gram, Steve, Carrie and Brent came to visit the weekend before her birthday so we had cake, opened presents, and she celebrated her special day with the TRI-CITY AMERICANS! Our kids have become total hockey nuts... our team keeps winnning and her birthday was game 5 of the 1st series in the playoffs. She must be a goodluck charm because they won! She got to have her picture taken with our mascot WINGER, got a card signed by all the players and even got a hat and poster! She loves #23 Tyler Schmidt and Steve had a good time teasing her all through the game. On top of having her name announced in the 2nd period celebrating her birthday then she won a free Dairy Queen ice cream cake in the third period. I believe Steve kept telling her that he was sure Tyler Schmidt loved ice cream cake! Her actual birthday was on Wednesday and since she was on spring break we had a "late night" where we had 6 of her little girlfriends come over till 10:00- trust me this is late for a 7 year old. We had pizza and Dairy Queen ice cream cake, opened presents, and watched a movie open season 2- so cute! She had a pretty great 7th birthday. I love her to pieces!
I can't get the pictures from the game to upload, but I'll keep trying.

3 comments:

Brian and Jaime said...

I love the pictures I brought everyone into see the change. Vy is such a cutie.

Turpin's said...

Oh man, Vy was soo cute when she was a baby, (she still is now) I just can't believe it, brings back so many good memories!!

jeff and char said...

oh vy 7 already i guess my 7th anniversary was last month and you were pregnant on bed rest when i got married i am sure you remmeber that! she is so cute! happy birthday vy!