Every year we head to Tollgate Oregon to cut our Christmas tree. This year we were greeted by a couple feet of snow! We had a wonderful day. It has become one of our favorite traditions and the kids look forward to it almost as much as I do.
Of course I finally get a picture with me and the kids and my eyes are shut... oh well!
The only pictures of Clint and I are the ones I snap myself. I must admit I am getting better at it, I only cut his head out of the picture half the time now. That's what he gets for being so tall.
We bring our sweet pup Roxy with us to the mountains and she loves it. Clint tackled her and held her down so everyone could give her loves. It was pretty funny.

I guess you could call this a dog pile!
Clint taught Brogan and Vylett how to saw a branch, much to my dismay. They were excited to each get to cut a small twig into two.

Brogan with his proudly sawn twig.
There is the tree... I know... it's not perfect, but I do love the homely Charlie Brown trees!

It had to be pretty skinny as there is not much extra room in the rental. I think the kids are so tired of me saying, "NO, it's packed!" Needless to say Christmas is going to be pretty simple at the Young's this year.

After the cutting of the tree, it's lunchtime of course. The snow was great and the weather was even better warm and sunny! We drank rootbeer, sprite and of course I had my diet coke with lime instead of our usual HOT CHOCOLATE.

She is so cute!

Clint chuggin' his beer.

After the work, it's time for fun. We hooked Roxy up to the sled and she pulled Brogan around for a while. She was too crazy so it didn't last too long.
I love this picture of the two of them sledding down this little hill.

Vylett making her beautiful snow angel.
Brogan making his... snow frog?

The afternoon ended with a little ice hockey in the parking lot. Brogan is getting pretty good at connecting with the puck (ice chunk)
I love this picture, he looks likes he's ready for a face off. At home when he hears the hockey song that plays at the games he goes around slamming into the couch and cupboards! Maybe hockey will be in his future... I don't know if I am strong enough? He has such a nice smile, I'd hate to see that spoiled!
Brogan with his proudly sawn twig.
It had to be pretty skinny as there is not much extra room in the rental. I think the kids are so tired of me saying, "NO, it's packed!" Needless to say Christmas is going to be pretty simple at the Young's this year.
After the cutting of the tree, it's lunchtime of course. The snow was great and the weather was even better warm and sunny! We drank rootbeer, sprite and of course I had my diet coke with lime instead of our usual HOT CHOCOLATE.
She is so cute!
Clint chuggin' his beer.
After the work, it's time for fun. We hooked Roxy up to the sled and she pulled Brogan around for a while. She was too crazy so it didn't last too long.
Vylett making her beautiful snow angel.
The afternoon ended with a little ice hockey in the parking lot. Brogan is getting pretty good at connecting with the puck (ice chunk)
2 comments:
I love this tradition!!! you are the cutest mom ever I wish I was there for all this fun stuff.
How fun! I can't wait until we get to do the same! I love that Clint still has his Desert View coat! Oh yeah, I got my birthday present last week finally, thank you so much! I love it!!! Have fun and hopefully we will see you soon!
Love ya, Carolina
Post a Comment