Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Reading

I can hardly believe my ears the past couple of days.  Brogan has been reading!  He has been sounding out words and finishing the entire book.  It has been such a sweet process to watch unfold before my eyes.  I have some little beginner reading books that Vy learned on and now he has been wanting to learn too.  It is amazing how smart he is and how he can really put these sounds and syllables together.  He has mastered Frog Cops and Fat Cat so far.  I am so proud of him.  No pressure from me, he has wanted to learn all on his own, he was even reading to me as I was sewing this afternoon.  It was awesome.
I didn't get a picture of him reading but, this is of him picking rock.  We have a lot of these large round boulders from the excavation around the house.  He worked really hard for about 2 weeks making a big pile (much bigger than the one shown) before the loader came and scooped them up and hauled them away.  He is a good worker and such a helpful kid. 

***
l o v e   h i m

1 comment:

Brian and Jaime said...

He is such a sweetie. I love how determind his little face is in this picture. Very sweet! love you bo. Jaijai