Friday, May 14, 2010

Sew Fun

I borrowed my mom's sewing machine since mine broke AGAIN, and I finally decided not pay to fix it again.  I decided to sew slip covers for my little blue ottomans.  I picked this wild brown zebra print.  Do you think it's too wild?  I kinda like it.  Now I have to figure out a fun print for the pillows.  Still haven't decided where to put the ottomans for sure, kinda like them in front of the fireplace.  Anyway, while I was sewing Vylett wanted to learn to sew too.  Aunt Joni gave her this really cute kit from moda, super cute & vintage.  We finally got it out and tested out our new sewing nook.  She made an apron.  While we were sewing there was an awesome rainbow outside, I took the picture through the window so it is not a great photo.  The next day Vy sewed a book bag.  She loves it so much she used it for her homework instead of her backpack.  She did a great job on them. 

I love the way her little fingers look in this picture- so Vylett!

Sew much fun!

1 comment:

Brian and Jaime said...

this is sew fun!!!! haha. Vy did such a great job. Love the ottos too.