Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Puppy Trauma
Well this sweet pup really got herself into a pickle this past Sunday. As we pulled into the driveway coming home from church we were greeted by two neighbor kidlets, two adult neighbors, and two doggies. As we attempt to pull into the garage we can see one of these dogs is Roxy and the people with her in the road were waving their arms and looking very distressed. We rolled the window down to see what in the world was going on and they proceeded to tell us in a very uncalm manor that our dog was bleeding and missing her ear. Sure enough, Roxy the lover not the fighter, was in her first dog fight and she lost... part of her right ear. It was pretty gruesome and the little neighbor kids were covered in blood. (We kinda laugh about it now- Clint keeps asking the kids if he should cut Roxy's other ear so it matches!) There is more to the story; supposedly she followed these kids to the sledding hill just east of our house and when they got there, there were other kids sledding with their dog. When Rox went to sniff and greet one of these children their dog came to life and tore into Roxy. I can't say I blame this dog I'm sure he was just trying to protect them, Roxy should have been home and was treading on unchartered territory, however we weren't home to really know what happened but, needless to say she is doing fine and is really capitalizing on sleeping in the garage, getting tons of loves and extra food and being hauled around in the back of the Suburban. I don't think I've ever seen Vy get so upset as this chaotic night! She is definitely a puppy lover, I guess so am I.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ahhhh...poor Roxy!
from the pic. you cant even really tell that she is missing half an ear. POOR doggie!!
Ohh man poor Roxy...I would of probably been crying!! I feel Vy's pain! Glad she is doing okay...hopefully she learned her lesson!
This picture is before the ear got chewed off. I didn't want to gross you out!
Post a Comment