Saturday, July 23, 2011

Girls Night Out... Help! I'm Rolling Backwards!

A couple nights ago Vy and I went to a "Girls Night Out" activity at the church.  It was an 80's theme and Vy was totally into it.  We had a great night of hula-hooping, crimping, painting nails, and eating ice cream sundaes.  Vy was one of the final three hula hoopers and won a candy prize.  At the end of the night, we were getting ready to leave, we drove the Jeep that evening and we were waiting to give some neighbors a ride home.  I told Vy I would run in to see if they needed help carrying anything.  I left the Jeep in neutral and set the parking brake.  I almost get to the church doors when I hear a yell from behind me, "MOM, I'M ROLLING BACKWARD!!!"  Sure enough, the jeep in rolling back down out of the parking lot.  I took off in a mad dash, as I'm running along side of the Jeep, I'm yelling at Vy to get out of the drivers seat!  I had the seat so far forward so I could reach the pedals that I could barely squeeze in on a run.  I finally did and was able to stop it just before the curb and rolling out into the neighboring field!  I couldn't stop laughing.  Vy, was freaking out and blaming me for trying to kill her.  Oh, we had a fun night.  Definitely one to remember.

3 comments:

Brian and Jaime said...

i soooo wish i could have been there. This looks like too much fun! you guys are cooler than frostbite baby!

Cherlyn said...

So cute Vy! Sounds like a fun party but think I'd have to pass on the jeep ride!!! Sheesh!

Turpin's said...

Oh man that is priceless!! You will probably never hear the end of that story for the rest of your life! I wish I could of been there to see that one!