Saturday, October 31, 2009

Miss America and Optimus Prime

For Halloween this year the kids wanted to be Miss America and Optimus Prime the transformer. Well optimus was pretty easy but how was I going to find a Miss America dress that would fit a 7 year old? I went to Good Will and found 3 dresses thinking I could cut and sew to alter them to fit her and get her red white and blue request. Well she just fell in love with this blue one. her exact words were, "Why would anyone give this dress to the Good Will?" I just laughed and laughed I paid a whopping $2.99 for it. We pinned and tucked and sewed until we turned a size 11 womens dress into a size 7 girls! She felt like a million bucks. Her shoes we found at an estate sale for a dollar, I couldn't believe she danced the night away in them without twisting her ankle. They were so fun to watch. At the end of the night Brogan said, "I didn't even get any rocks!" I guess if you've seen Charlie Brown's The Great Pumpkin you'll understand what that means. He always makes us laugh.













3 comments:

jeff and char said...

way cute, braden had the same costume, looks like a darling miss. america happy hallowen!

Turpin's said...

Vy looks like Hadleigh!! She is so freakin cute, you did a awesome job on her costume! I'm going to have to come to your house for help when it comes to our kids and their costumes!

Brian and Jaime said...

I am sorry that it has taken me so long to write a comment on your blog. the kids are the cutest!!! don't ban me. hahahaha. I love the dress I am excited for the day that she will want to wear it to school. and Brogan was the best optomis ever love the action shots! love ya.