Thursday, September 16, 2010

Why I love September

Lately, I have come to realize that September may just be my favorite month of the year.  I have always loved the summer months, but think I've had a change of heart.

Reason # 1
The pleasant cooler weather makes me want to bake, and I've been wanting to try my hand at these checker cookies and I must say they turned out sooo cute! However, if your not a butter cookie fan these are not for you, kids and dad gave them a thumbs down on taste.
Reason # 2

Just north of our house is a beautiful vineyard of concord grapes.  During the month of September they start to ripen, when you walk outside the smell overcomes you, it is so delicious you just want to bottle it. 

Reason # 3
HOCKEY, of course!
So we officially start the season on the 25th against Spokane, but we have enjoyed 3 pre-season games already and have one more this Friday night!  Go Americans!
Brogan gets to try his hand at hockey starting the middle of October, I can't wait to see how he does.  I'll be sure to post!


Reason # 4
We're done Landscaping... at least until next spring
sprinklers...
34 loads of dirt...
curbing...
pavers....
grass planted...
Watching those little green sprigs of grass push up through the dirt... priceless

Reason # 5

Tri-Cities Parade of Homes.  I love seeing the homes, all styles and sizes... so fun and inspiring.  My favorite of course is always Gretl Crawford's she does such a beautiful job.  It always amazes me how our tastes coincide.  Here's a few pics of her home this year.  (It always so hard to get good pics because there are just so many people) 
(These pictures really don't do the house justice, it was so cute)

Well, there you have it, a few of the reasons I love September!

1 comment:

Brian and Jaime said...

i too am in total love with September. I have decided that Sept. is when my summer vacation actually begins. With countless hours outside and enjoying my books out on the deck. Priceless. :)